Spider veins can occur in other areas of the body besides the legs and one commonly affected area is the face. The fine red lines can be difficult to conceal with make up and often create a sunburned or “flushed” appearance to the face. They are particularly common around the nose and cheeks.
Spider Veins can be treated in the following ways:
- typically used on the legs as the initial treatment.
- Laser (non-invasive skin surface laser)
- used for difficult to access veins and areas of discoloration
- can be used almost anywhere on the body
- Ohmic Thermolysis (Vein Gogh) - for small areas
- used on facial spider veins
- used on small spider veins in the leg refractory to microsclerotherapy
- it does not affect the surrounding skin.
At Middletown Vein and Aesthetic Center, you will have an evaluation to determine the best method and course of treatment.